Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Paramedic bride rushes to the scene of an accident still wearing her wedding gown

Sarah Ray, who is a paramedic with Montgomery County Emergency Medical Services was on her way to her wedding reception when she heard about the accident and rushed out to help at the crash scene. She was photographed by her mother Marcy Martin as the emergency vehicles arrived in the background still wearing her wedding dress and shoes.

Speaking to Channel 5, Sarah said: "Anyone in the EMS field would’ve done the same thing. I don’t know if what I did was special but I was in a wedding dress."

Talking about the picture, she said: "I know the look that I’m giving my mom was the ‘Really mom? Right now you’re taking a picture?’ I’m sure we were a sight on the side of the road for people driving by."

Ray and her new husband Paul then carried celebrating their special day as no one was hurt in the minor crash.

And the striking viral image has now been liked over 12,000 times on Facebook. Sarah later wrote on Facebook:

"I just wanted to say thank you to everybody on here for all your kind comments. My husband and I were both there, even though I was the only one pictured. I really don’t think we did anything out of the ordinary. I would like to believe just about anybody in the medical field would have done the same, especially for family… dressed up or not. I’m just very thankful everyone was OK. We are proud of our job and proud to be part of Montgomery County EMS."


And people have taken to social media to express their admiration for the beautiful bride. "Now that is dedication."said Nicole Rabotski "First , congratulations on your wedding. Second, thank you for choosing a career that makes a difference in so many lives" added Debi Sateren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Rayo Estelle